Monday, September 12, 2011

Restarting RabbitMQ With Running EasyNetQ Clients

Here’s a screenshot of one of my tests of EasyNetQ (my easy-to-use .NET API for RabbitMQ). I’m running two publishing applications (top) and two subscribing applications (bottom), all publishing and subscribing to the same queue.  We’re getting a throughput of around 5000 messages / second on my local machine. Once they’re all humming along nicely, I bounce the RabbitMQ service. As you can see,  some messages get logged and once the RabbitMQ service comes back, things recover nicely and all the applications continue publishing and subscribing as before. I think that’s pretty sweet :)
RabbitRestart
The publisher and subscriber console apps are both in the EasyNetQ repository on GitHub:
EasyNetQ.Tests.Performance.Producer
EasyNetQ.Tests.Performance.Consumer

No comments: